5 Card Stud
Five Card Stud Poker, available at 32Red Poker, has four rounds of betting. It is a game that requires patience and skill, in knowing when to fold or call. Players are able to make informed decisions based on the number of visible cards on the table. The number of visible cards makes it easier for Players to judge the strength of their hands.
The object of the game is to finish with the best poker hand, and win the pot.
Five Card Stud Poker Overview…
To play Five Card Stud Poker you must have enough credits to place an ante and a bet.
Five Card Stud plays as follows…
- Place an ante on the table.
Note: The ante amount is set by the card room. There is no ante amount when the game stakes are $0.50/$1.00.
- Each Player is dealt two cards, one pocket card and one visible card.
- The Player with the lowest card showing must bring-in the betting.
- In the second round, another visible card is dealt to all Players at the table. A round of betting follows. This process continues until each player has one pocket card and four visible cards.
- After the last visible card is dealt to each, a final round of betting follows. Remaining Players display their pocket card. The highest hand wins.
To improve your chances of winning, use the following strategies:
- Watch your opponents’ visible cards. You can see when you are on a losing hand. And you can see if any card that you need to complete a winning hand is already taken by another Player.