Omaha Poker is similar to both Omaha Hi-Lo Poker and Texas Hold’em Poker at 32Red Poker Room. Players must create the best five-card hand combination from a total of nine cards. The nine cards are made up of four pocket cards and five community cards. This results in stronger hand combinations.
The Player who finishes with the strongest poker hand wins the pot, and the number of Players that can play Omaha Poker ranges from 2 to 10.
Omaha Poker Overview…
To play Omaha Poker you must have enough credits to place a blind bet and a bet.
Omaha plays as follows…
- The Players to the left of the Dealer begin the game by posting blind bets.
- The Player on the Dealer’s left posts a small blind bet, and the Player on the Small Blind’s left posts a big blind bet.
Note: The Dealer’s position at the table changes after every game. The dealer-button shows the Dealer’s position at the table.
- Four pocket cards are dealt to each Player.
- In the first round, the Player to the Big Blind’s left plays first and can either Fold,
Bet or Raise. (Note: In the first round, betting is capped at one bet and three raises per Player).
- In the second round, three community cards are dealt. This is called the Flop. A round of betting follows and Players can either Check, Fold, Call or Raise.
- In the third round, a fourth community card is dealt. This is called the Turn. Another round of betting follows.
- In the fourth round a fifth and final community card is dealt. This is called the River Card. The final round of betting follows. The remaining Players then use two of their pocket cards and three of the community cards to create the best five-card high hand possible.
Important: Winning hands must consist of two pocket cards and three community cards.
To improve your chances of winning, we recommend you use the following strategies:
- In Omaha, watch out for the low cards. You are looking for a high hand only.
- As there are five community cards to choose from, Straights and Flushes are common.